Dr. Robert Dean
- B.S. – Biochemistry – George H. Cook Scholar – Rutgers University
- M.D. – Rutgers University – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Residency in Internal Medicine – Brown University
- Fellowship – Duke University
- Supplemental training and experience in interventional pain procedures
- Starkey Hearing Foundation
- Friedrich’s Ataxia Research Alliance
- Cures for Mankind
Dr. Robert Dean is Board Certified in Internal Medicine. Since 1997, Dr. Dean has helped patients in clinical practice and has given numerous talks at various medical conferences. He has traveled around the world with the Starkey Hearing Foundation helping to give the gift of hearing. Treated post-travel illnesses at the Tropical Medical Clinic and collaborated on research in women with HIV in Mexico City. Dr. Dean recently brought his knowledge and passion to the small screen as creator, writer and host of a new TV show titled Cures for Mankind. In this show, he explores the rainforest to find little-known and often dangerous plants and animals that are the source of many life-saving medications. His non-profit of the same name is dedicated to the preservation of Natures Treasure Trove.
Dr. Dean was voted one of the Top Doctors in Florida in 2001 by his peers and has been in practice for over 20 years. He is known for his ability to simplify conditions and treatments from confusing medical jargon for his patients.