Dr. Robert Dean has specialized in diagnosis and treatment of spine and other traumatic injuries since 1997. He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine. Since establishing his Medical Injury Center, Dr. Dean has helped hundreds of patients recover from extreme injuries and given numerous talks on spinal injuries at various medical conferences. He participated in a humanitarian trip to Antigua, treated post-travel illnesses at the Tropical Medical Clinic and collaborated on research into women with HIV in Mexico City. Dr. Dean recently brought his knowledge and passion to the small screen as creator, writer and host of a new TV show titled Cures for Mankind. In this show, he explores rainforests to find little-known and often dangerous plants and animals that are the source of many life-saving drugs. His non-profit of the same name is dedicated to the preservation of Natures Treasure Trove.
Dr. Dean was voted one of the Top Doctors in Florida in 2001 by his peers and has been in practice for over 20 years. He is known for his ability to simplify conditions and treatments from confusing medical jargon for his patients.
- B.S. – Biochemistry - George H. Cook Scholar – Rutgers University
- M.D. - Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Residency in Internal Medicine – Brown University
- Fellowship - Duke University Hospital
- Supplemental training and experience in interventional pain procedures
- Starkey Hearing Foundation
- Friedrich’s Ataxia Research Alliance
- Tampa Bay Spine Specialists
- Cures for Mankind
- Top Doctor – Castle Connolly Guide