Steven C. Mirabello is Board Certified and specializes in orthopedic surgery. Dr. Mirabello was the first Orthopaedic Surgeon on the west coast of Florida to perform a cartilage transplant. He has recently published several papers on shoulder surgery and the examination and treatment of the shoulder. Dr. Mirabello works closely with MLB organizations and MLB players.
Dr. Mirabello is currently the director of the Sports Medicine Program at Tampa Bay Spine Specialists, the Orthopaedic Surgeon for the Toronto Blue Jays and the team physician for other sports teams. He also participates in many professional associations, like the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons.
- B.S. – Magna Cum Laude - Columbia University
- M.D. – Harvard Medical School
- Surgical internship – UCLA training program
- Orthopedic Residency - Hospital for Joint Diseases Institute in Manhattan
- Fellowship – Sports Medicine with Dr. Andrews and Dr. Clancey
- Director –Tampa Bay Spine Specialists, Sports Medicine Program
- Orthopaedic Surgeon – Toronto Blue Jays
- Consulting Physician – Philadelphia Phillies
- Team Physician – Dunedin Blue Jays Baseball
- Associate Member – Association of Major League Baseball Team Physicians
- Fellow – American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow – American College of Surgeons
- Member – American Sports Medicine Fellowship Society
- Member – Arthroscopy Association of North America